Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Call To Preach and Pastor Question

QUESTION RECEIVED:


"I trully believe that God has called me to preach and teach His Word. So many things have been happening in my life that are not coincedental. God has even shown me a building (CHURCH) for sale and told me this was meant for me to teach and preach in. However, I have No money to buy it. From his still small voice I keep waiting and him telling me to be still and KNOW that he is God and he will provide the means for the property and church. What do I do????"
(From a man in north America)

MY ANSWER:

Congratulations on your call to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are several BIG things to consider.
What is the gospel? Can you define it concisely and then
teach it from Scripture?
Are you equipped or trained to preach from Scripture every week?
Seminary, Bible college or have you studied under a competent pastor?
What is the church to you?
It is about worship, discipleship with ministries and missions and evangelism.
What are the beliefs you hold as ultimate?
What is your view on baptism (infant or believers)? The Lord's Supper?
Will you be affiliated with a denomination? Even non-denominational churches have shared beliefs agreed on by the members.
Do you know the legalities of a legal church in your state concerning finances?
Yes, this is very important in a church's financial accountability.
Are you trained and under mentoring to learn to lead?
Why is a building important? You do not have a church yet. Have you gathered a group and started with a Bible Study even?
Are you prepared to wait for the Lord to lead?
Yes, He can provide.
Seminary can be costly. A building has to have someone legally responsible for it.
Take solid steps. Do not get ahead of the Lord. I know, I have tried. His ways work. Ours do not.

These are all questions you need to have clear direction on.
Go forward. Be prepared for the Lord to lead and to stop you.
Be prepared to work hard spiritually, physically and mentally.

2 Timothy 2:15 (ESV)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment