Friday, March 22, 2013

QUESTION ANSWERED On EVANGELISM> Shout Down or Lift Up Jesus?


QUESTION RECEIVED:
Should Christians protest sin events such as -example- gay parades or immoral festivals?

MY ANSWER:

Great question.
When representing the Lord Jesus Christ I try (and sometimes fail) to slow down and ask myself these two questions-
1)      Is Jesus Christ being lifted up to people by my actions? (John 12:32)
2)      Do I care about these people?   Really? Do I care for them as individuals made in the image of God?  Often times the answer is no.  Then I must repent, pray and review my actions.

Concerning question #1  we want to lift up the biblical Jesus who loved and died for these people we represent Jesus to.  John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”

In answering question #2 I learn I must decide to  love “those” people if Jesus Christ loves and died for them.
What does the biblical Jesus we lift up  want?  For people to be saved! 
1 Timothy 2:4 “who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”

If we find a way to lift Jesus up He said He will take care of the saving of souls.
John 12:32 (NASB) 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”

My response to these questions is- we are not to hinder but promote the saving gospel of a God who died on the cross for our sins to make restitution for our sins, pardon us and prepare a place for us in Heaven.

So my response always needs to be to lift up Jesus and love and care for the lost.
Every life situation is different and has different responses.
You can go to the Lord to see what your actions in representing Him should be.
So is chest thumping and railing at fellow sinners going to accomplish this?
Again, when Jesus is lifted up He said He “will draw all men to Myself.  
We need to know and verbally witness to them.
People know when we care for them or not.
We need a consistent witness not just a condemning shout out.
The gospel rightly shared will deal with our sins.
He draws, convicts, seeks repentance and saves.
Trust the biblical gospel.  It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment