Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Taken (the movie) and the Gospel


Taken (The Movie)

“You came for me, you came for me” says the broken down young girl in the arms of her rescuing father.  She rebelled, was sold into prostitution, on the brink of being murdered by her evil kidnapper.  She was hopeless, crying now in the arms of her heroic rescuing father.
The father comforting her simply says “I told you I would.”



He told us He would in the Old Testament.

Psalm 18:16-18 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 He sent from on high, he took me;
    he drew me out of many waters.
17 He rescued me from my strong enemy
    and from those who hated me,
    for they were too mighty for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
    but the Lord was my support.

He rescued us in the New Testament.

Romans 5
8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.



His promise of rescue stands today.

2 Timothy 4:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment