Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Question Answered: Church Hanky Panky, Victims and Loving Church Discipline


QUESTION RECEIVED (From outside the USA): 
Can a pastor of the (Church name and denomination withheld) dedicate an illegitimate child with
the parents married to others in the church? 
The father is a church leader, and the mother of the child is my cousin's wife.
What will be the stand of the church here?
Do I have the right to tell my cousin who is in another country?
The father of the child is our friend too. 
Please help me, the leaders told me that the girl will reveal the truth to her husband in the right time, and I made a vow since I am also a leader in my church in another country. 
I live in (another country) and my cousin in another.  
I am concerned about the pastor and leadership of this church and their response. 


MY ANSWER:
Question #1 "Can a pastor of the (Church name and denomination withheld) dedicate an illegitimate child with parents married to others in the church?" 

YES!  About the baby – love the baby and smother the babe with mercy and grace.  
The baby is as worthy as the child of any in church to receive the ministry and good traditions of the church.
New King James Version (NKJV)
“13 Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.”

Q#2   “What will be the stand of the church here?”
CHURCH DISCIPLINE for the sake of God, the church, the mother, the father, the baby and the congregation. 
Matthew 18:15-19 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’
17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.
18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”

Get the burden of sin off the sinners –in love-church discipline works.   Through church discipline you have as it says in verse 5 “gained your brother” (and or sister) If you do this out of love in God’s grace.  If not you leave sin and Satan in charge of the family. 


Question #3 “Do I have the right to tell my cousin who is in the (Another Country)?”
Only if you are a Christian and love them and apply discipline out of love for the sinner, victims and God.

Sexual sin outside of marriage leads to physical, mental and emotional disaster.
This is such a jumbled mess I cannot sort it out.
This is why we should use Biblical church discipline.
Hold the leaders of the church accountable.
In 2 Samuel 12 the prophet Nathan approached King David lovingly but firmly when David impregnated another man’s wife.   David was brought to repentance. 

Go and do likewise.
God will be glorified.
Sinners will repent, return and be unburdened of killing sin.
The church family only then can be put in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment