Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Discerning God's Will - Make Sure Your Translation Is Not From Late Night Pizza or Taco Bell


Discerning God's Will - Make Sure Your Translation Is Not From Late Night Pizza or Taco Bell



Question:
I heard a Christian say that he wasn't sure about the will of God to do something so he was going to take a “Walk of Faith”.

In my life there have been times that I wasn't sure about the “Will of God” in my life and I'd start the way I thought the Lord wanted me to go and as I started this travel, things would change for me and eventually I would know His will.
How do I know how to respond an go do God’s will?


                      MY ANSWER:
Abraham went out on faith do do God’s will
Hebrews 11:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
“8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.”
Abraham also heard from the Lord on this and was following a command that had no spelled out 1-2-3 results to be accomplished.

In my own I have waited and God gave direction.
I have dashed ahead of the Lord and gotten into difficulties of time, accountability and money.
Sometimes the Lord says NO!
Acts 16:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
“6 Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia.
You need to listen and discern.”

Discern through prayer, Scripture and the guidance of trusted Christian mentors.
Do not make decisions by emotion or someone else’s flippant philosophy.






No comments:

Post a Comment