Saturday, June 1, 2013

QUESTION >When Doubting Your Faith What Do You Do?


Thomas touches THE BODY OF CHRIST

QUESTION RECEIVED:  
What do you do when you doubt your faith?

My ANSWER:
Many things make me doubt my faith.
The main thing is ME.
But you probably want to know what to do about it.

What can cause doubt?
My prayers can cause me to doubt by my prayers not being answered like I want God to answer them.
Lack of prayer will leave me with a Christ-less attitude that I take into a Christ-less world.
Now the world is even worse than before.
The death and sickness of those I love can cause me to doubt.
I let depression get me away from the Word and I go into a Christ-less world without the wisdom and assurance of God.
Now the world is even worse than before.
The church failing to carry out its commission can make me doubt.
I can let this pull me down and become judgmental and  fall deeper as I deny myself fellowship with those who would build me up.
Now the world is worse than before.
Going through the motions of prayer, studying Scripture and fellowship with the church body as a check off system instead of caring for relationships with my Lord and the Body He died for can cause me to lose faith.
Now the world is worse than before.

A healthy body is key to faith building.
I am not talking about going to the gym for personal enhancement.
I am talking about building faith with the saints wiser than me and helping those who I can help in their faith.

The worst country song title ever written about Christianity is
‘Me and Jesus Got Our Own thing Going’.

If you want your faith built up please contact me and we can use you in service
at the Good News at Noon Ministry that ministers to 
the homeless and disadvantaged in Gainesville.

It is a biblical truth.  If you want to build your faith work with the Body(Church) of Christ.  The Apostle Thomas had doubts.  He touched THE BODY and his faith was healed.  Christian history says Thomas died a martyr after a powerful career as an evangelist that established Christianity in parts of the east that still continue today after he touched THE BODY.  
And Christ told us “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed”.
That is us –we cannot see the glorious Body now –we can see and work with the church also known in Scripture as the Body of Christ.
We can serve with the Body of Christ in word and deed now and build our faith.

John 20:25-29 (NKJV)
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

  

No comments:

Post a Comment