Thursday, January 24, 2013

Question Answered from A Teen: When Christ returns I do not want to to miss - fun,marriage,sex, etc... will I?


QUESTION RECEIVED:
Greetings! This is kind of a silly question but it's been bugging
me and a few of my friends for a long time. It's a bit of a
running joke in youth culture these days that everyone wants
to get married before the rapture happens. I used to laugh
along with everyone else until I realized how much I wanted to
be married one day. I'll finally be out of high school next year
and be in a position to get to know new people and be on my
own, and I found myself thinking that it would be so unfair if
the rapture happened right now and I never got to know what it
was like to be so intimately connected to another person. I
immediately felt guilty because I wanted that more than I
wanted to be with Jesus, and that there were many Christians
in dire straits who pray for deliverance every day. I just have
so many dreams that will go unrealized, but I know it's terrible
to think that way, and it's not in God's character to withhold
good things of course, what am I missing here? Thank you so
much for taking the time to read my question, God bless


MY ANSWER:
You are wise to know to seek the Lord and cherish Him more than earthly pleasures.
This seems hard to do yet commanded by Christ.

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

We need to promote marriage in our culture among Christians.
For even Christians to rush into a marriage not in the Lord’s will would be wrong for the sake of just having a “legal” sex partner.

By all means pursue marriage
By all means prepare for the “day of the Lord”.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.

If the Lord returns before you get married, have children,
make a million, write your novel etc. you will not be disappointed when you meet Him if you are a Christian.

Paul gives accounts of Heaven.

Romans 8:18 (NKJV)
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.



1 Corinthians 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Paul had firsthand knowledge of Heaven

2 Corinthians 12:2-5  New King James Version (NKJV)
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 5 Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.

The Apostle John also had firsthand knowledge and gave witness to Heaven.


1 John 3:2 (NKJV)
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Thanks friend this made my day as I started thinking how I cannot wait to see Jesus.
But I must wait as we were commissioned to make Disciples
 and Jesus said He would tarry (wait) as more souls are gathered in His kingdom.

2 Timothy 2:10  New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

I know I will see Jesus because I received His saving Spirit sealing my heart when I confessed my sins and trusted in Him for salvation.
He paid for my sins on the cross and I was declared righteous in the eyes of God.
All become “Citizens of Heaven”.

Brother seek Christ and marriage that glorifies Him if that is His will for you.
In no way will you be disappointed, or long for past pleasures or pleasures missed
when you behold Him face to face.


No comments:

Post a Comment