Monday, August 23, 2010

"Gird Up Your Loins Like A Man" IT's Football Pick'em Time

September 4TH is upon us. I got the picks out for "Football Pick'em 2010" week 1
out a week early. This year we will have weekly winners-and a total won loss winner including a woman's division as they also like to "gird up their loins". NASCAR rules in use as we have to make them up as we go. Last years winner as we know was Mike "Boo Boo" Smith. We will crown the winner with a December banquet at the Collegiate Grill after the college regular season. The "Football Pick'em" banquet is as prestigious as the Heisman banquet but has better food!

So "Gird up your loins like a Man" AND PLAY ! Job 38:3

This weeks opening schedule is as sleepy as Sunday School after the Homecoming Dance.
We have some great tie breakers to pep up this kick off week.
***Please answer on Facebook comments or on comments on this blog. Write your picks number and keep Smack Talk [A defining feature of Football Pick'em] to PG-13 and below. No pro games this week so we substituted some Yankee schools. It was that or the WNBA. We will feature SEC-ACC and Southern pro games played on Saturday and Sunday as it is written somewhere in the book of football proverbs.

1]LA Lafayette at Georgia My Pick -Georgia
2]Missouri at Illinois My Pick-Illinois[hope I don't get Zooked!]
3]South Carolina State at Georgia Tech My Pick-Georgia Tech [owns the SWAC]
4]Colorado at Colorado State My Pick-[Colarado]
5]Purdue at Notre Dame My Pick-[Notre Dame]
6]UCLA at Kansas State My Pick-[UCLA]
7]Kentucky at Louisville My Pick-[KY]-No Joke[er]-sorry
8]Connecticut at Michigan My Pick-[Connecticut]
9]JacksonvilleState at Ole Miss, My Pick-[Sandra Bullock for the mascot and Ole Miss]
10]Richmond at Virginia My Pick[Richmond Spiders]
11]Army at Eastern Michigan My Pick [Eastern Michigan]
12]San Jose at Alabama My Pick [Alabama]
13]Northwestern at Vanderbilt My Pick [Vandy]
14]LSU at North Carolina My Pick [LSU]
15]Cincinnati at Fresno State My Pick [Fresno State]
Tie breakers
1] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin? [Yes or no] My Answer [yes]
Jeff White says yes means 10-4.
2] Who scores more points- Jacksonville State, San Jose State, South Carolina State or LA Lafayette? My answer -South Carolina State
3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game?
My Answer yes and Admiral Ackbar will seem like a good idea after the esteemed home of Archie has something silly on the sideline. My pick again -Sandra Bullock

Pick "Hard,Fair and Square"

In Christ Alone,

Fletcher Law

12 comments:

  1. 1]LA Lafayette at Georgia My Pick -Georgia
    2]Missouri at Illinois My Pick-Illinois
    3]South Carolina State at Georgia Tech My Pick-Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado at Colorado State My Pick-[Colorado]
    5]Purdue at Notre Dame My Pick-[Notre Dame]
    6]UCLA at Kansas State My Pick-[UCLA]
    7]Kentucky at Louisville My Pick-[KY]
    8]Connecticut at Michigan My Pick-[Michigan]
    9]Jacksonville State at Ole Miss, My Pick-[Ole Miss]
    10]Richmond at Virginia My Pick[Virginia]
    11]Army at Eastern Michigan My Pick [Eastern Michigan]
    12]San Jose at Alabama My Pick [Alabama]
    13]Northwestern at Vanderbilt My Pick [Vanderbilt]
    14]LSU at North Carolina My Pick [North Carolina]
    15]Cincinnati at Fresno State My Pick [Fresno State]
    Tie breakers
    1] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin [Yes or no] My Answer [yes]
    2] Who scores more points- Jacksonville State, San Jose State, South Carolina State or LA Lafayette? My answer -South Carolina State
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game?
    My Answer [yes]

    Bruce Perra

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.] Georgia

    2.] Illinois

    3.] Georgia Tech

    4.] Colorado State

    5.] Notre-Dame

    6.] U. C. L. A.

    7.] Kentucky

    8.] Connecticut

    9.] Ole Miss

    10.] Richmond

    11.] Army

    12.] Alabama

    13.] Vanderbilt

    14.] L. S. U.

    15.] Fresno State

    Tie-Breakers:

    1.] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin? YES.

    2.] Who scores more points- SAN JOSE' STATE.

    3.] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game? YES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace and peace, always!
    I want to congratulate your blog.
    Begin to follow from now.
    I invite you to visit my blog: comment, critique, enjoy ...
    I remember on my blog have a translator for English. (If you do not happen to speak Portuguese).

    In Jesus, who is the true path.

    Sandro Duarte
    http://oreinoemnos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandro, You bring our first comments from South America. We exalt Christ on our blog. We have a little fun during college football season with a Football Pick'em game to draw men to read our blogs about Jesus and have fun. Hope to hear more from you.
    In Christ Alone!
    Fletcher Law

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1] Georgia
    2]Missouri
    3]Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado
    5]Notre Dame
    6]UCLA
    7]Kentucky
    8]Michigan
    9]Ole Miss
    10]Virginia
    11]Army
    12]Alabama
    13]Vanderbilt
    14]LSU
    15]Cincinnati
    Tie breakers
    1] no
    2] Jacksonville State
    3] Yes

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1] Georgia
    2]Missouri
    3]Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado St
    5]Purdue
    6]UCLA
    7]Louisville
    8]Michigan
    9]Ole Miss
    10]Virginia
    11]E Michigan
    12]Alabama
    13]Vanderbilt
    14]NC
    15]Cincinnati
    Tie breakers
    1] no
    2] La Laf
    3] nope

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. UGA
    2. Mizzou
    3. GT
    4. Colorado St.
    5. ND
    6. UCLA
    7. Louisville
    8. UConn
    9. Ole Miss
    10. UVA
    11. Army
    12. Bama
    13. Northwestern
    14. LSU
    15. Cincinnati
    TB #1 - No
    TB #2 - San Jose St.
    TB #3 - Yes

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1]LA Lafayette at Georgia -UGA
    2]Missouri at Illinois - MIZZOU
    3]South Carolina State at Georgia Tech -GT
    4]Colorado at Colorado State - COLORADO ST.
    5]Purdue at Notre Dame - ND
    6]UCLA at Kansas State - UCLA
    7]Kentucky at Louisville - LOUISVILLE
    8]Connecticut at Michigan - UCONN
    9]JacksonvilleState at Ole Miss- OLE MISS
    10]Richmond at Virginia - UVA
    11]Army at Eastern Michigan - ARMY
    12]San Jose at Alabama - BAMA
    13]Northwestern at Vanderbilt - N'WESTERN
    14]LSU at North Carolina - LSU
    15]Cincinnati at Fresno State - CINCY
    Tie breakers
    1] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin? NO
    2] Who scores more points- Jacksonville State, San Jose State, South Carolina State or LA Lafayette? SAN JOSE ST.
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game? YES. Rumor has it that Jimmy Buffett has been working some routines with the cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1]Georgia
    2]Missouri
    3] Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado
    5] Notre Dame
    6]UCLA
    7]Kentucky
    8]Connecticut
    9]Ole Miss,
    10]Virginia
    11]Army
    12] Alabama
    13] Vanderbilt
    14]LSU
    15]Cincinnati
    1] Tennessee shut out? No
    2] Who scores more points- -South Carolina State
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game?
    My Answer yes..

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1]Georgia
    2]Missouri
    3] Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado
    5] Notre Dame
    6]UCLA
    7]Kentucky
    8]Connecticut
    9]Ole Miss,
    10]Virginia
    11]Army
    12] Alabama
    13] Vanderbilt
    14]LSU
    15]Cincinnati
    1] Tennessee shut out? No
    2] Who scores more points- -South Carolina State
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game?
    My Answer yes..

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1] Georgia
    2]Missouri
    3] Georgia Tech
    4]Colorado
    5]Purdue
    6] Kansas State
    7]Kentucky
    8]Connecticut
    9]Ole Miss
    10]Virginia
    11]Eastern Michigan
    12]Alabama
    13]Northwestern
    14]LSU
    15]Fresno State
    Tie breakers
    1] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin? No
    2] Who scores more points- Jacksonville State
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game? Yes

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1] Georgia
    2] Illinois
    3] Georgia Tech
    4] Colorado State
    5] Notre Dame
    6] UCLA
    7] Kentucky
    8] Michigan
    9] Ole Miss
    10]Richmond
    11]Eastern Michigan
    12]Alabama
    13]Vanderbilt
    14]North Carolina
    15]Fresno State

    Tie breakers
    1] Will Tennessee shut out UT Martin? No
    2] Who scores more points? San Jose State
    3] Will Ole Miss have a sideline mascot for the opening game? Yes

    ReplyDelete