Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I never thought I would copy Furman Bisher of The Atlanta Journal or Phil Jackson from The Gainesville Daily Times, sportswriters I have read regularly growing up, but here is my Thanksgiving column.
I am thankful salvation is of the LORD and not me or dependant on my actions.
I am thankful for the life of my great mother who passed away in February.
I am thankful for her love, example, and even the discipline.
I am thankful for a Dad who is still a great example at 80.
I am thankful Ruth Hunter's intercessory prayer for me to get a wife was heard back in 1982.
I met Kay the same week. We were married in 1984.
I am thankful my wife Kay displays grace daily.
I am thankful for my son Graham.
I am thankful that a silly game like football can bring joy, and frustration.
I am thankful for all the jobs I have had and will have by God's providence.
I am thankful I had coaches who pushed me hard and encouraged me.
I am thankful for all of my Sunday School teachers who stayed faithful to the Word.
I am thankful to the call on my life to "preach Christ and Him crucified".
I am thankful for my friends, brother and sisters.
I am thankful that I have a friend that sticks closer than a brother.
I am thankful this is not my best life now.
I am thankful that God will preserve me till the end through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In Christ Alone!

Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment